Makeup Geek Weekly Challenge: Ashwarya Rai Inspired Look...

Monday, April 19, 2010
Makeup Geek is a wonderful makeup blog/website. I'm sure you've already heard of it, but I just found it about a week ago. I've watched some great tutorials, read some helpful tips, and discovered that they have a weekly makeup challenge on their forum. I decided to join in for the first time this week.

From the Makeup Geek site...
"I found this beautiful picture of Ash’s look, and think it would be beautiful on just about everyone! You just need silver and a rose-ish colored eyeshadow with some black liner and you’re good to go for one hot, sexy look! I’d love to see you all try this one, so bring it on MUGS! Post your pictures here in our Weekly Challenge:Ashwarya Rai"

Okay, so we can all agree that I don't look anything like Ashwarya. But that's not really the point is it? The idea is to draw inspiration from this look, which I did. I was intrigued by the use of a metallic silvery tone mixed with a burnished rose. In my opinion, this color combination is everyday wearable with just a bit more oomph!

*The interpretation would have been more literal had I used a black liner on the waterline but I have allergy eyes so I decided to forego liner underneath.

The two main colors I used in this look

Here's what I used:
  • Awe (Aromaleigh elemental lustre) – lid
  • Glossed Over (The She Space) – crease/v
  • Sunny Disposition (Aromaleigh eye plush) – under brow and to blend out crease
  • Ice (Aromaleigh pure matte) – inner corner
  • Drama Queen Topaz (Aromaleigh mineral liner) – mixed with sealant and applied to top lash line
  • Glorious (Aromaleigh pure rouge) - cheeks
  • Pinkish Bronze gloss (Wet n Wild I think) - lips





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...